Photographers are highly creative people. They have a keen eye for detail. They are naturally attracted to iconic and scenic places. Photography is an excellent strategy to immortalize the joys and struggles of the loved ones in your life. It captures memories and freezes the time in a moment. It is also a perfect option for documenting your travels and adventures.
Photographers keep a list of places they would like to visit and snap away. It enables them to lead a life full of adventure. Dennis Scott Carruthers, an experienced photographer, and lawyer shares his bucket list of places to photograph with a brief commentary.
List of Places to Photograph
- Cinque Terre in Italy consists of ancient seaside villages sitting on a rugged coastline. Discover romantic fishing communities living in colorful houses. Catch breathtaking views of the rugged villages. Capture the sunset from the Riviera or enjoy the humbling experience of being at the bottom of high cliffs. You can also enjoy a sweeping panoramic view of the sea.
- Machu Picchu, Peru: This is home to an ancient lost city. The city is an archeological gem and a photographer’s haven. It is believed to have been used as a key ceremonial center. The Inca trail offers a stunning view of the ruins on the valley down below and rugged mountainsides.
- Taj Mahal, India: The iconic architectural marvel is located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The mausoleum is a sprawling forty-two-acre complex built in ivory-white marble. The Taj Mahal rises 240 feet into the air. Get inside for riveting views of the vaulted tombs of Shah Jahan and his wife Mumtaz as well as ancient calligraphy in Persian.
- The Colosseum, Rome, Italy: This primeval amphitheater used to be a sports center. Tour the underground passageways and capture the glory of the gladiator era and the persecution of Christians.
- Stonehenge, UK hosts gigantic free-standing stones arranged in a ring formation. The monument dates back to 2000 BC and is a cultural icon in the UK.
- Galapagos Islands in Ecuador: Snap the blue-footed booby right in its natural habitat. The archipelago experiences frequent volcanic activity. This contributes to the great diversity of the vibrant ecosystem in the area.
- Burning Man Festival, Nevada: This is an annual art show held for a week in Black Rock Desert. There is a leave no trace rule and everything is taken down after the event, leaving no evidence that the event happened. This presents a compelling reason to document the activities.
- Ta Prohm Temple, Cambodia: Explore 12th-century architecture. There are numerous silk-cotton trees, which have grown in the ruins creating a hair-raising feeling. Can you capture the eerie aura on a photo?
- Cappadocia, Turkey: Go back in time to the era of Alexander the Great. Photograph the traditional cave hotels, rock-cut temples and an underground city as you listen to historical Christian myth and folklore.
- Santorini, Greece: View the effects of volcanic activity on ancient settlements. Capture mythical Greece including vertical hanging cliffs and unparalleled views of the sea.
Photography enables us to relive the extraordinary moments and experiences in our lives. It is almost impossible to commit to memory all the details along life’s journey. Make a bucket list to inspire you as you start checking off on the memorable experiences you document.